How much do you know about great actor, Pete Edochie? Very little? So much? Anyway, whatever your answer, YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine has some 15 secrets to share with you about the bearded father and grand father whose teeming admirers enjoy addressing as Ogadagidi and Ebubedike:
1. He was born 68 years ago ( March 7, 1947).
2. He hails from Nteje, in Oyi local government area of Anambra State.
3. His people decorated him with the chieftaincy title of Ononenyi, which means someone sitting on top of an elephant.
4. He is married to Josephine, née Obiekwe, a lawyer and also a broadcaster. As a matter of fact, both of them joined the then Eastern Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation on the same day in February 1967.
5. He has six children and they all have unique names – Leo, Eva, Adam, Linc, Gene and Yul. Other than Eva, the others are boys. And among them today are actors, an artist and an architect.
6. He attained national prominence interpreting the irrepressible role of Okonkwo in the television adaptation of Late Prof. Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart. He played the role so well that many till date enjoy addressing him either as Okonkwo or Ebubedike.
7. His debut in home video was in Ikuku, also starring Nkem Owoh as Osuofia.
8. He attended St. Patrick’s Catholic School, Zaria, Kaduna State; St. John’s College, also in Kaduna, before later bagging a Diploma via correspondence from School of Journalism & Television, England.
9. Before acting arrested him, he was a broadcaster and had worked with Eastern Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation, East Central State Bradcasting Service, Voice of Biafra and Anambra State Broadcasting Service. He joined in 1967 and called it quits in 1992, as Director of Programmes.
10. Reading novels and listening to classical music delights him a great deal. In fact, at ABS then, he used to present a popular programme called Music From The Masters.
11. He is a staunch Catholic, always with his Rosary and loves attending evening mass.
12. His favorite meal used to be Isi ewu. Then, Eba and Egusi.
13. Always in native dresses with the traditional red Igbo cap, he propagates his culture very, very well.
14. Actress Rita Edochie is married to his younger brother, Tony.
15. Upon graduation, he bought cars for all his six children, which was one of the promises he made to them.
9,937 total views, 2 views today