The Maiden Edition of the Lagos International Festival of Animation, LIFANIMA will hold on Friday, June 30 & Saturday, July 1, 2017 at Freedom Park, Lagos, according to the organisers, USP Communications.
“The Animation industry is just beginning to blossom in Nigeria and indeed across Africa and there are a lot of young animators, hugely talented but without a common platform to sell their skills.
LIFANIMA will therefore provide a platform for animators to interact with other stakeholders for optimum value creation and rapid growth of the animation industry”, according to Muyiwa Kayode,CEO at USP and Creator, TURTLE TAIDO animation series.
OBJECTIVES OF LIFANIMA
• To promote the rapid development of the animation industry in Nigeria and across Africa
• To improve the movie industry through increased inclusion of animation content
• To provide a platform for the promotion of local animators and development of the quality of animation
• To expose animators to the latest technologies in animation hardware and software
It will feature:
• Screening of Selected Works
• Award Presentations
The 2-day event will attract Animators; local and foreign, Film makers, Investors, Financial Institutions, Advertising agencies, Musical Video Producers, Media Practitioners, Digital Marketing professionals, Government agencies, Information Technology companies/manufacturers and the general public.
Interested animators and producers are to submit their works in various categories on or before April 30, 2016. Selected works will be screened at the festival and participants will be informed on or before May 30. 2016.
LIFANIMA submission forms are available at USP Brand Management, 285B Corporation Drive, Dolphin Estate Ikoyi and can be requested for via [email protected]
1,302 total views, 3 views today