GOV. OBIANO EXCITED AS ANOTHER APGA GOVERNOR EMERGES IN ABIA, SAYS ANAMBRA IS THE SAFEST STATE IN NIGERIA
1. Happy New Year!
2. Congratulations to @AlexOttiAbia, @APGANigeria and Ndi Abia. The victory remains a great New Year gift.
3. This New Year, Anambra has so much to look forward to
4. We shall make the most of this Turning Point
5. The hard fought electioneering campaigns that led to the last general elections sought to deepen the country’s fault-lines…
6. … and widen the ethnic gulf between Nigerians.
7. The situation was made more intense by the rising audacity of Boko Haram which led to more attacks against soft targets.
8. Our country tottered on the brinks for long moments and was only saved from total collapse by sheer providence.
9. In Anambra, we had foreseen the approaching storm and made adequate preparations for it.
10. That was why in my New Year Broadcast for 2015, I had assured Ndi Anambra that our dreams would not crash with the falling oil prices.
11. I had assured that with our enormous human and material resources, we would not surrender our ambitions to the falling oil prices
12. To the Glory of God, we have kept our promise.
13. Not only have we paid salaries regularly while others are looking for bailouts,
14. … we were courageous enough to increase salaries in the midst of economic adversity.
15. I imposed full weight on the security situation in the state with a highly successful South East/Delta States Regional Security Summit
16. We further strengthened our hold on security by donating 25 Smart cars to the Nigerian Police.
17. We also donated a gunboat to the Outpost of the Nigerian Navy in Onitsha to keep vigilance over our waterways…
18. … which have been identified as the main conduit through which illicit arms had flooded the state in the past.
19. We took our campaign for a safer Anambra higher this Yuletide Season with an aerial surveillance with a helicopter hovering across our skies
20. This we are doing in partnership with the @NigerianPolice, ensuring a total coverage of the entire state.
21. With this effort, we have effectively made a rapid transition to crime detection and prevention in the war against crime and criminality
22. As it stands today, Anambra is the safest state in Nigeria!
23. My administration has made giant strides in the drive for investment
24. With an estimated $2.5bn attracted in 19 months, Anambra ranks next to Lagos and Ogun States in investment inflow
25. The influx of foreign investors began early in January 2015 with the arrival of a 28-man Trade Delegation from Thailand.
26. Unmoved by the bleak domestic economy, we continued to push for more investments, leading to the visit of the Irish Trade Mission…
27. … and finally the arrival of the UK Trade Mission in November 2015.
28. Despite the obvious challenges, 2015 represented a watershed in the Agricultural Revolution in Anambra State.
29. Not only did we witness the first rice harvest from mechanized farming…
30. … we also increased our rice production from 80,000 metric tonnes to 190,000 metric tonnes.
31. I am optimistic that by the next harvest season, we would have surpassed our local consumption of 320,000 metric tonnes …
32. … and commenced the process of exporting Anambra Rice to places where they are on demand.
33. The stifling economic environment failed to distract us from delivering on our legacy projects
34. Two of the three Flyovers in Awka are 95 percent completed
35. The longest bridge in the state which cuts across the Omabala River to Aguleri Otu and the oilfields has also been completed
36. I commend the new leadership of APGA for its experience and enthusiasm
37. Both qualities showed during the last elections leading to the great comeback the party recorded in Anambra State House of Assembly Election
38. Indeed, the new APGA has not only demonstrated a healthy appetite for winning…
39. … but also a great capacity to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
40. Once again, congratulations to a worthy brother in Abia, @AlexOttiAbia
41. The outgone year also bore wanton loss of lives in the various auto accidents and other tragedies that happened in our dear state
42. The petrol tanker explosion in Upper Iweka, the carnage in Umuchu, Agu Awka and Nnanka…
43. .. as well has the Christmas Eve domestic gas explosion in Nnewi and the loss of lives during the IPOB demonstrations in Onitsha.
44. These are the dark spots in our collective memory of year 2015.
45. This New Year, my administration is determined to pursue a more aggressive growth in its fundamentals.
46. We shall explore new growth prospects and review government policies that are inimical to domestic production.
47. We shall stimulate production in the real sector through a strategic collaboration with select MSMEs.
48. Already, the Anambra Small Business Association (ASBA) is spearheading this quest.
49. In June last year, ASBA disbursed the sum of N1bn in small loans to MSMEs in the state
50. That is the first phase of our programme to galvanise that important segment of the economy and boost job creation.
51. We shall rise above the present difficulties to reclaim our position as Nigeria’s true centre of innovation and excellence.
52. We shall do this when we continue to earn the confidence of our brothers and sisters at home and in the Diaspora…
53. … and win them over to become the champions of the change that we have brought to Anambra State.
54. No other state in the federation has half of the human capacity that Anambra has scattered across the world…
55. … and pushing for positive change in their respective communities.
56. This great state needs just one third of what our gifted brothers and sisters can offer to leapfrog into the frontline position in Nigeria.
57. Thank you… #HappyNewYear
3,574 total views, 2 views today© Copyright Yes International! Magazine, All rights Reserved. Written For: Yes International! Magazine