Perhaps the biggest and most-talked about burial in Nigeria on Friday, July 16, 2021. It actually held in Oba, one of the villages that make up Anambra, in south-east Nigeria.
Staged by Obinna Iyiegbu, popularly known as Obi Cubana, it was to bid his mother, Ezinne Uche Iyiegbu, an unprecedented and unforgettable farewell.
The opulence, grandeur, lavishness, crowd, etc have been hugging and dominating the social media ever since.
YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine’s ANN OKWOLOGU shares with you ten quick facts about the man-of-the-moment; the organiser of the talk-of-the-town burial ceremony which for a very long time to come will continue to elicit both kudos and knocks; of course, in equal proportion, and depending on which prism you want to look at it…
1. His real name is Obinna Iyiegbu
2. He is popularly known as Obi Cubana in the social circle. Some of his friends also address him as king of night life
3. He is said to be the head honcho of Cubana Group, a conglomerate believed to be into entertainment, hospitality business and night life
4. He hails from Aboji village, in Oba, Idemili South LGA of Anambra State
5. He holds the chieftaincy title of Okpataozueora of Oba. Okpataozueora means the one with enough wealth to go round
6. He’s said to have been born on April 12, 1975
7. He reportedly attended the University of Nigeria Nsukka, where he read Political Science. Prior to that, he was at Central Primary School, Oba and Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha for his primary and secondary education
8. He is married to Ebele Iyiegbu and the union is blessed with four children
9. His father was Alex Nnaemeka Iyiegbu and his mother, whose lavish burial everyone is still talking about, Ezinne Uche Iyiegbu. Both left behind five children – Chu, Ike, Adaeze, Binky and Obi
10. In his group of companies are said to be Opium by Cubana, Owerri; The Grind by Cubana, Lagos; Montana by Cubana, Lagos; Pablo by Cubana, Lagos; Cubana Signature, Abuja; Puzzo by Cubana, Abuja; Caledonian Suites, Abuja; Crave by Cubana, Abuja; Hustle and Bustle, Abuja; Grand Cubana Hotels, Abuja; Cubana Gustavo, etc.