Home FEATURED FIRE OUTBREAK IN OKOTIE’S HOUSEHOLD OF GOD CHURCH!

FIRE OUTBREAK IN OKOTIE’S HOUSEHOLD OF GOD CHURCH!

875
0

A big miracle occurred at Rev. Chris Okotie’s Household of God Church (in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos) on Sunday, April 12, 2015 when a power surge and its dire consequences were swiftly averted. An eye witness told YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine that following a power surge on the said day, wires began to burn and emit smoke, causing panic everywhere. The smoke detectors went off and immediately all the kids in the ‘Children’s Church’ were evacuated. While this was going on, men from the Lagos State Fire Service (Alausa section) who had been contacted on phone, arrived and joined in the rescue effort. Thankfully, no life was lost and very minimal damage was recorded. Particularly on the ceiling of the ‘Children’s Church’ where it all began.
The founder and shepherd of the church, Rev. Chris Okotie, sauntered in not long after, assuring all that there was no cause for alarm. And soon after normalcy was restored, the day’s service commenced, with Okotie apologizing for the delay and once again reiterating that ‘God is in control’. We learnt that the fire incident which damaged a portion of the ceiling in the ‘Children’s Church’ didn’t last for up to 30 minutes. Again, that only little damage was recorded because of the painstaking care taken during the construction of the church and the effectiveness of the smoke detector.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here