Silent billionaire and one of the most respected and resourceful businessmen in Nigeria, Mr. Austin Okere of Computer Warehouse, has many secrets that many people don’t have any inkling of. Here are some of them as uncovered by YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine:
1. He was born on July 22, 1964 in Accra, Ghana.
2. He attended New Nation Nursery and Primary School in Cape Coast; St. Augustine’s College and the University of Legon, where he read Computer Science.
3. He returned to Nigeria in 1984, got into the University of Lagos, from where he bagged his Masters in 2006. Thereafter, he proceeded to the International Graduate School of Management in Spain, for his MBA.
4. He first worked for Tritech for just 8 months, then moved to Inlaks Computers, and in 1992 started his own company, Computer Warehouse.
5. Computer Warehouse currently has over 400 staff, but started with only 4 staff in Surulere, Lagos then.
6. His father is from Nigeria and his mother – Ghana.
7. He is married to an Abeokuta, Ogun State woman – her name is Oluwashola.
8. Their marriage is blessed with two children – Iheomimi and Chimezuo.
9. He did his NYSC with NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation).
10. He is also the owner of Expert Edge, DCC Satellite & Networks Ltd, among other companies and investments here and there.