Who does not love Mama G? Doubt if there is any one. Especially if you are a lover of our home videos. Patience Ozokwor, widely known as Mama G, is nearly everybody’s darling. Talented and trusted and tested, producers rarely go wrong with her.
YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine just dug out some things about her which we think will interest you. Come with us:
1. The nickname, Mama G, became her middle name after her beautiful interpretation of a role with the name in the movie, Old School.
2. She is a product of Abimbola Gibson Memorial Private School, Lagos, Methodist Girls High School, Lagos, Girls Secondary School, Ngwo, Enugu, Teacher Training College, Afikpo, Ebonyi and Institute of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu where she read Fine & Applied Arts, majoring in Graphics.
3. She is a native of Amaobo village, in Ngwo, Enugu State and was born on September 14, 1958.
4. She is one of the biggest celebrities produced by Ngwo. Ngwo, by the way, is also the homestead of former Governor of the old Anambra State, Chief C.C Onoh and one time Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Bianca Ojukwu, née Onoh.
5. She has four children – the eldest is an engineer and the last, a footballer who at some point played for Rangers International Football Club of Enugu.
6. Prior to acting which brought her fame and fortune, she worked as a teacher, ran a fashion institute and functioned as a broadcaster with Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, until her sack on January 4, 1985.
7. She was discovered by Chief Chika Okpala (Zebrudaya) who contracted her to feature in a commercial he produced then for Anambra State Government.
8. A serial, Someone Cares, by late actor, Pete Eneh, later followed.
9. Her first movie role came in 1998. However, it was the second one, Authority, that shot up her rating and also transformed her life and career.
10. Now comfortable, her saddest moments remain the final days of her husband – who succumbed to death due to ill health as well as the non availability of funds then to give him adequate medical attention.