There are a whole lot of enchanting and exciting secrets about star actress, Kate Henshaw, that thousands of her fans and admirers are not aware of. YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine just dug into her life and here are the 20 we would like to share with you:
1. She was born on July 19, 1971.
2. She is from Henshaw Town in Cross River State and her native name is Offiong.
3. Her father’s name is Etubong and her mother, Theresa.
4. She attended St. Mary’s Primary School, Broad Street, Lagos; Government Girls College, Calabar and Lagos University Teaching Hospital, where she read Medical Microbiology and graduated in 1994.
5. She is Efik and 5’8 tall.
6. She got into Nollywood in 1994, and her first movie was When The Sun Sets, from the stable of True Tales Publications, publishers of Hints Magazine.
7. She once worked for Opa Williams’ Virgin Organisation as a Client Service Executive.
8. It was in the course of that that she met and married her ex husband, Rodderick Nuttal, a Briton working with Brian Munro, where she had gone in search of sponsorship. Unfortunately, the marriage later collapsed.
9. Kate and Rodderick however have a daughter. Her name is Gabriella and she was born on September 9, 2000.
10. She was adjudged in 1996 as THEMA’s Best Supporting Actress, which immediately shot up her career.
11. A film freak, Kate’s favorite color is blue.
12. She loves beans and plantain a lot.
13. Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Celine Dion are among the international musicians whose music she enjoys.
14. She’s featured in dozens of movies, but the ones that we still salivate about include Domitilla, The Addict, When The Sun Sets, Yet Another Day, Scars of Womanhood…
15. Her worst movie, according to her, is Bora.
16. She had a whirlwind relationship with top gospel musician, Sammie Okposo, which many had thought would lead them to the altar. But alas it never did.
17. There was also another serious romance with Ken, the Germany-based younger brother of former AGN boss, Emma Oguguah, which equally failed.
18. Her most recent work which has been fetching her new fans on a daily basis is Do Good, a comedy serial on DSTV where she is playing the role of Emem, Basorge Tariah’s girlfriend.
19. She once modeled for MultiSheen and ran for a House of Representatives election (PDP) to represent Calabar South Federal Constituency.
20. An ex beauty queen, she was at some point Miss Lagos.