Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, now has a successor – and he is Godwin Obaseki of All Progressives Congress (APC). Interestingly, not much is known about the Edo Governor-elect. Which exactly is what this write up intends to crack.
Below, according to YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine findings, are some things that no doubt will interest you about Mr. Obaseki…
1. He was born in Benin City, Edo State and is from the illustrious and renowned Obaseki family.
2. He had his primary education at St. Matthew’s Anglican Primary School in Benin City and his secondary at Eghosa Anglican Grammar School, also in Benin.
3. He attended the University of Ibadan, in Oyo State, where he read Classics.
4. He was also at the Columbia and Pace Universities in New York for his MBA in Finance and International Business respectively.
5. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers as well as an alumnus of the Lagos Business School (Chief Executive Programme).
6. He’s been into Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Trading and so on for over 30 years.
7. He began his professional career in 1983 with Capital Trust Brokers Limited, Lagos as a stockbroker.
8. He worked at some point for International Merchant Bank (affiliated to First Chicago Bank). And also AVF Funds Limited as a Project Manager.
9. He’s the founder of Afrinvest West Africa Limited (formerly Securities Transaction & Trust Company Limited (Sectrust) – which he set up in 1995.
10. Currently, he’s the Chairman of Edo Economic and Strategy Team and was equally the Chairman, Fund Raising Committee for Oshiomhole/Odubu.
11. He served on the Presidential Committee on the Reform of the Nigerian Pension System.
12. He is married and blessed with children.
13. He was Gov. Adams Oshiomhole’s Best Man when he wedded his second wife, Lara and both enjoy a chummy relationship.