By now, you must be aware of the dissolution of the marriage of star actor and producer, Emeka Ike and his ex-wife, Emma? But in case you are not, YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine would like to inform you that a Lagos Island Customary Court headed by Chief Awosola, on Thursday, February 2, 2017, nullified their union of 17 years!
Below are some things you might not know about the erstwhile happy couple who tied the knots in August 2000:
1. The Mulatto woman’s full names are Emma Rose Oghene Ike.
2. She read English at Lagos State University.
3. They met and fell in love in 2000. This was in Surulere, Lagos and while Emeka was editing his debut movie, 7-12, at Tade Ogidan’s office.
4. Before the collapse of their marriage, they had four children, 3 boys and 1 girl. Their names are Michael,15; Nicholas,9; Kelly,13 and Andrea,6.
6. A native of Mbano in Imo State, Emeka attended Ansar-U-Deen Primary School, Isolo, Lagos; Igbobi College, also in Lagos; Ejigbo High School, Lagos; School of Basic Studies, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos and later Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, where he read Mechanical Engineering. This was after toying initially with the idea of becoming a medical doctor.
7. He got his break in Nollywood in 1984 via Deadly Affair, where he starred alongside Dolly Unachukwu.
8. Actor Ernest Obi introduced him to acting by linking him up with Charles Owoyeni who offered him his first professional role ever in Fortunes.
9. Born and bred in Lagos, his childhood days were spent in Ire-Akari Estate, Isolo, Lagos.
10. A rugged and dogged fighter, here is a portrait of his ideal woman:’She must respect herself, be caring, loving, intelligent and smart’.