Newly sworn-in Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has assured the people of the State that he won’t betray their trust.
The astute businessman behind Heyden, the multi million oil and gas company, also promised them that he would continue to be an ‘Omoluabi’.
Hear Abiodun whose relationship with his predecessor, Ibikunle Amosun, has been anything but cordial:
“To the good people of Ogun State, you have now provided me the mandate to serve our dear State.
When I signed the Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office awhile ago, I solemnly did so beyond being a requirement for formal assumption of office.
“It was much more than that.
I hold it as a tripartite covenant between me and God, on one part, to serve Him and reciprocate His faithfulness through the journey so far by
being a tool to bring the greatest good to the greatest number of Ogun State people, regardless of creed, gender and political affiliation.
On the other part, it is also a covenant with the good people of Ogun State.
• You will always find in me conduct of Omoluabi expected of Omo Teacher!
• You will always find in me conduct of Omoluabi expected of Omo
• I will govern with character!
• I will serve you diligently and sincerely!
• I will make your interests the core of governance!
• I will neither personalise nor abuse the mandate!
• I will not betray your trust.
May the good God help me. Amen.”