The Federal Government will on Monday, June 29th, 2020, inaugurate the various Committees in all the States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory that would set about selecting the 1,000 persons per Local Government Area in respect of the Special Public Works Programme of the Federal Government.
The inauguration would be done in Abuja by the Hon. Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Mr. Festus Keyamo, SAN
The Committees made up of 20 members each comprise of the following:
2. Vice Chairman
3. Secretary (the NDE State Coordinator)
4. Three Representatives of Traditional Rulers from the three Senatorial Districts of the State (members)
5. One representative of the State Governor (member)
6. Market Woman Leader (member)
7. Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in that State or his representative (member).
8. Chairman of Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs in that State or his representative (member).
9. Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers in that State or his representative (member)
10. Six representatives from three recognized youth organisations in that State. There would be two each from each of the three Senatorial Districts (one male & one female) – members
11. One Representative from a recognized Civil Society Organisation (CSO) in that State – (member)
12. Two representatives from Institutions/Stakeholders representing interests peculiar to that State (members)
However, as a result of the COVID-19 guidelines, the Chairmen, Vice-Chairmen and State Coordinators of National Directorate of Employment (NDE) would join the inauguration by virtual means from their different locations. They would represent other members of the Committees.
All Chairmen, Vice-Chairmen and State Coordinators of NDE would receive meeting the IDs and the password to join virtually.
Mr. Olua Davidson
SA to the Hon. Minister of State,
Labour and Employment.